LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Ex-parte decree due to address change

My marriage was 6 months back and since 2 months after marriage we are living apart and i've no contacts with her or her family bcoz they are not ready for talks anyway. So, there is no question of trying to communicate with them. Two months back wife sent me DV notice by advocate and i replied to it by my advocate denying all allegations.

One month after replying notice we changed residence due to some other reasons. Now, I came to know that wife is trying to obtain Ex-parte decree by filing DV petition with my Old Address in court asking to get the marriage Void showing false allegations impotency, mental problems etc. Since they use my old address nothing from court will reach me so they will get ex-parte decree, and later any problems arises they can claim that my address change is unknown to them.

Is it true that hus/wife can sent DV notice through court to the previous address of respondent and obtain ex-parte decree showing non receipt of notices?

Tthere are Summons through police station etc. in all other cases but no such provisions in DV case? plz help

Learning

1 Replies

lifeisanocean (service)     26 April 2009

I am not a lawyer just another ordinary person. But I think you can give an application to the local post office (where you used to stay earlier) stating that all letters in your name be re-directed to your current address OR at least they keep them for you. Meanwhile you may check the post office time to time if it is feasible. At the same time, I don't know if it is possible to notify the court about your change of address. Only your lawyer can tell. Good luck!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register