LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vishnu (DE)     27 May 2013

Ex-gf threatening suicide.

I have been experiencing a very bad situation. I had a very close friend and she was very helpful and supportive. So when she initially she proposed 2 years back I agreed to give our relation a shot. But as soon as I got committed to her, she started acting all weird and started acting too possessive  and there was this sudden change of behavior in her character which was making me very very uncomfortable as I had absolutely not given any space. So I broke up with her 2.5 yrs ago. 

Then she suggested we be friends and I also agreed coz we were very good friends. Everything was going well and then they were about to fix my marriage at my home after 2 yrs and they have started searching a bride for me. Now she is acting all clingy and has been threatening me of committing suicide and the worst part is she has kept all the mails and msges of the past and says she will commit suicide only to take revenge for rejecting her and will mention my name for the same.

What do I need to do? I do not want to file a FIR coz i still care for her as a good friend and she has been very close since 3 yrs now. Also her family is very close to ours and I do not want to hurt anyone too.

If she does anything like that will I be punishable under 302 (abatement to suicide)? I just dont want to be with her and I do not love her in anyway. Please help.

Learning

1 Replies

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     27 May 2013

How can I answer on all assumptions and presumptions.  

Anyway, i try to answer you.  To my expectation she can at the most file a case for cheating and nothing more.  Even she files abetment to suicide, by engaging a good lawyer you can come out of it.  The section you have mentioned 302 is murder not abatement of suicide. It is 306.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register