Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RS (PA)     30 April 2013

Evidence closed and arguments

Hi

in a case respodent/petitioner has closed all evidence and evidence clsoure purshish is also filed in the court. the respondent/petitioner on the first date of argument tries to take adjournement by stating that some important document needs to submitted as exhibit and asks for adjournent

1. can a document be allowed to be submitted as evidence after the evidence closure purshish is submitted ? if not under what section that the other party has right to oppose. the judge has allowed adjournment andinstrcuted party to submit the said docuement along with application. the decision to admit or not shall be taken post the repoly of opposite party. under what section the oppposite party can oppose such admission?

2. The party trying to submit the document above is orginal petitioner and there is another case is respondent that is filed after the the above petition  both the cases are merged .  in simple words the party trying to submit addtional document post his/her evidence closure has moved the first petition.

3. the above stated party trying to submit document has closed all evidence now . the other side's evidence is closed 2 years back.

4. who is suppose to start argument in the court in above case

my freind Adv Bharat chugh told me to refer to order 18 of CPC but i could not find exact connect. can some one please help

Learning

1 Replies

RS (PA)     30 April 2013

just a small correction

the judge has said the decision to admit document shall be decided post the other side filing reply.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register