LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shaulabh Shah (advocate)     08 August 2011

Euthanasia or mercy killing

I hereby upload the most renewed and popular case law for the study. The Honourable Supreme Court of India passed a Landmark Judgment on “Euthanasia”. In other word we say and identify it as “Mercy Killing”. Case of a lady named Aruna Ramchandra Shanbaug who fight for death against live from 36 years.

This is first and only judgment of Honourble Supreme Court of India or Any Court in India on this very crucial issue. Here the Hon’ble court has observed each and every issues and aspects of human nature.

This case is known as Criminal Writ Petition No. 115/2009 of Aruna Ramchandra Shanbaug VERSUS Union of India & Others.

The petition is filed by Ms. Pinki Virani. She is a NGO and claims to be a next friend of Aruna Shanbaug.

The Bench of Justice Markandey Katju and Gyan Shuda Misra have done commendable and remarkable work before coming to conclusion. Justice Markandey Katju has taken dippiest interest in it. They have appointed doctors panel to make observe the daily behavior of Aruna Shanbuge also. I here by welcome the respected Justice Views, opinion and decision with open heart. Though, they travel in an uncharted sea but have taken care of every little bit things. The Judgment of 110 pages with 147 paras is pronounced in open court on 7th March, 2011.

I hereby invite you people of India and around the world must read this landmark judgment and appreciate the respected Justice Views, opinions and decision and also Intelligence of Indian Judiciary. I am sure that after complete reading of this judgment you will also do the same thing as I welcomed with my open hands and heart and says that “Kabhi Kabhi Har Ne Me Bhi Jitne Se Jyada Nasa Hai

Regards,

Shaulabh Shah

Advocate

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register