LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ajay (Lawyer)     18 January 2014

Entertainment duty

Dear all, I have the following situations. Please help me with that. All of them relate to the Bombay Entertainment Duty Act, 1923 and rules thereof.

1. In 2013, the collector of the requisite jurisdiction, passed an order for depositing excess entertainment duty in respect of a show organized in 2012. However, we were not heard before passing the order ?

2. We had filed an objection that our show can not be categorized as an 'entertainment' within the terms of the Act, and that is why we should be granted an NOC without paying the duty. The collector did not reply to this notice at all. However, due to the paucity of time, we paid the duty under protest and the collector promptly issued the NOC. Is there any time frame under which the collector is obligated to reply to notices ? Is there any time limit within which if he doesnot reply it can be deemed that he has accepted the objection ? 

Please help me out.

Learning

1 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     21 January 2014

collector issued NOC. then claim your duty amount for refund. For collector orders follow in stipulated time. But not collector to our notices.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register