Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tipsy (importer)     13 May 2008

Engagement on verge of breaking what strategy should be adapted ?

My Friend son came from USA and we saw many Girls for the match and on friday we finalised one and engagment was declared on sunday , and my friend son got engaged and 30 people came from either side now on monday my friend son and his fiancee went outside and both were happy and Tuesday night my friend son was going to USA and in the morning mediator told us that the girl mothers father think that the boy has a problem in back that his bone is protruding , we told him clearly you can call any doctor and get verified before breaking the engagement, now what strategy should we adapt ? pl guide as girl is interested in getting married with my friend son and her father and mother only cries and does not speak any word? only grand father has a problem. ( Indian tradition)

Learning

8 Replies

H. S. Thukral (Lawyer)     13 May 2008

PERSONAL OPINION It seems that the problem is somewhere else. Why the would be bride's relative cry foul when there is none. If the boy has not apparently shown any uncomfort which would give rise to doubts to his health or suggest any related problem then why should they jump to conclusion as to a problem in back. If the offer of medical examination of the boy by a doctor of their choce is not even acceptable to them, then there is something else in their mind. Talk to girls parents straight. Sometimes there are intermediatories taking advantage of the situation. If the situation remains the same boy should look some other good girl. There can not be strategies to enter into relations. There are foundations. Weak foundations crumble the buildings over them. Breaking engagement is not an end of all. Boy lives in America and such things are common over there so no heart breaks.

Prakash Yedhula (Lawyer)     13 May 2008

It is better to speak with the girl. Probably some thing happened wrong while the boy took her out and it is the girl's decision to opt out from marriage. In case the girl is willing for the marriage just try to negotiate and convince.

Guest (n/a)     15 May 2008

DEAR LAWYERS PL.SUGGEST LEGAL REMEDY.

Guest (n/a)     15 May 2008

DEAR LAWYERS PL. SUGGEST ANY LEGAL REMEDY

H. S. Thukral (Lawyer)     16 May 2008

There can not be a legal remedy to bring around the relation on rail there is possibility of damages if you have already spent some money on celeberations. There are alwaysfew wiser men in the crowds too. Take their help.

Guest (n/a)     16 May 2008

dear thukral ji , no doubt ur views are appreciable .But if such question is asked in exams we r not supposed answer in social way . pl. tell the section which deal it.

H. S. Thukral (Lawyer)     16 May 2008

Are you looking for a legal remedy which would direct the girl to go ahead with the engagement? Absolutely foolishness. There is no cause of action. There is no law on that and no section of any Act applicable. Yes if of on the promise of the girl the boy family spend some money on the function, some damages can be granted in equity if the fgirl backs out fromthe promise. There can not be any estopple against backing out.

Guest (n/a)     18 May 2008

mr.how u cocluded that i have asked legal remedy which would direct the girl to go ahead with engagement. I MEAN TO SAY IT IS A LEGAL FORUM AND OUR PERSONAL OPINION MUST RELATE TO ONLY LEGAL ASPECTS.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register