Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Enemy Within- Expectation from CVC

An open letter to new CVC

I have submitted a complaint against Min of Defence for allowing  Dy Director General of Canteen Services vis-a-vis GM Canteen Stores Department , Adelphi , Mumbai to issue registration Numbers to CDA Staff/Est to run their own URCs ( Unit Run Canteens) against an Army Order published by COAS  namely AO 584/73, 161/73, 5/97 & 19/2003.
AO/19/2003 states-
 Para 1:-" As per policy URCs is given an independent registration number which facilitates it to draw stores from the dependent depot directly.----".
 Para 2 :-" As per direction of COAS , it is proposed to est a chain of URCs and extension counters al over India to provide CSD facilities to ex-servicemen.------"
Para 3:- " In view of the above , it is felt that a new Army Order may be issued to permit the opening of URCs where no active unit is located but have a large concentration of ex-servicemen within close vicinity.

Para 4 under AIM :- " The aim of this Army Order is to lay down procedure for obtaining sanction( by alloting new registration number) to operate a Uniit Run Canteen.
Para 6 :- " Other than regular units of Army, Navy and Air Force , the following are also eligible for running of their own canteens under existing policies:-
Para 6(f) CDA's Staff/Establishment( excluding liquor/beer).
Para 6(j) Establishment under the control of DGI, Min of Defence.
It is obvious that the office of the COAS has been abused in giving blanket sanction for non-regular military units to run their own URCs in the garb of providing CDS facilities to ex-servicemen. All that I can understand this loot and scoot is impossible without the direct collusion of all secretaries in the Min of Defence in all those years.
I will request your kind office to take immediate notice of my complaint to your erstwhile ministry and get the matter sorted out as a first step to cleanse Min of Defence, BOCCA, DyDGCS and such departments which are abusing the CSD facilities, making profits and mis-using it then for their own good.
As the CSD is getting bigger due to increase in smart card holders as is being issued to anybody and every body, the Depot is growing bigger . Besides a direct strain to the exchequers it is polluting the entire defence audit system including the high echlons of the strategic defence estblishments. Numbers of scams and scandals  and the gross misuse of Canteen profits turned into private funds in the garb of Regimentally held private funds  are increasing exponentially. These very canteen profits is the root cause of deliberate ineffectiveness on the part of Defence Audit officials and the root cause of MeGA SCAMS AND SCANDALS in the ministry of defence.
Its time the new CVC put a full stop to this great loot and scoot in the ministry of defence.
Jai Hind

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register