LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raj (software engineer)     02 July 2014

Employer not issuing experience letter

Hi.I had been working with a software firm for the last 25 months (2 year 1 month).

I had signed a bond for 2 years which starts from the date of my joining. According to the contract, the date of joining  will be on the successful completion of the training period of 6 months.Eventually the bond is for 2.5 years which I was not communicated verbally anytime by the management.

Thinking my bond is for 2 years I put my resignation after 21 months and after serving 3 more months as notice period I would complete my tenure.

Now the company is saying that the bond is for 30 months and if I resign before that period

they won't provide any experience letter.And also suggested they will provide the same on paying 3 months salary back as compensation.

Im going for further studies so money will be an important factor during this period. Please tell me whether it is possible to obtain experience letter without paying money.

Hoping for all expert advice.

Learning

3 Replies

shruti (Advocate)     02 July 2014

The language of bond agreement needed to be studied. Pls see the written agreement contains 30 months or 24. Also see what it contains about breach of agreement.

Suneet Gupta (www.vashiadvocates.com)     03 July 2014

What is the bond period that you signed. Do you have a copy. Can you email the bond agreement for further clarification?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     03 July 2014

The terms of the bond are to be seen for rendering proper opinion.  two years bond cannot be extended for 30 months on its own by the employer, consult a local lawyer and decide about next course of action.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register