Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chandrasekar (Engineer)     22 February 2015

Electricity cut

Dear Sir

My tenant has not paid EB bills for 7 months

IF I write a application to EB stating that i will not pay any amount so far and future for the Electricity, Can the EB board cut the power.?

If so Can tenant file me for Criminal case?

Kindly note that nowhere in the application it is stated that i want to cut the power

thanks

Learning

6 Replies

(Guest)

as long as it is stated in the agreement that the tenant is responsible for EB bills apart than the  rent, then you are good and nothing to worry about and it is not your responsibility if it gets disconnected.. the tenant will eventually have to pay it ,if the he wants to stay there,.not your worries..

Chandrasekar (Engineer)     23 February 2015

Hello Sir

Thank you for your valuable input

What i am asking is the Electricity is still not cut. if i write an application stating i will not pay the electricity bills then can the tenant file criminal case on me.

he is still using my apartment actually

thanks

saravanan s (legal advisor)     23 February 2015

better give him a notice and vacate him

Hi Sir

But that will stretch in court for years.I will be the loosing party then please give me the loop holes on how to vacate him without breaking law.

My question is very clear if i only write that i will not pay the electric charges in future will the govt cut the power or not. If yes will the tenant put criminal case on me

advice to the above point alone pls

saravanan s (legal advisor)     23 February 2015

if you do so the tenant may file a petition  to restore electricity and it will also invite unwanted cases on you if he goes to rent control tribunal.

i am not asking you to file eviction suit in civil court just send him a notice return y you asking him to vacate as you need the premises for your bonafide personal use

Hello Sir

I have Already Done so Still He is not leaving.

That is y i asked this point sir. As i am not telling the EB board to cut I am going to mention that i wont pay. Will it still cause problems

Regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register