LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ONKAR NATH YADAV (DC)     26 August 2012

Effect of bond on resignation

good evening sir,this is onkar from bangalore.

i am serving in bsf and currently undergoing helicopter flying training at hal bangalore.

i have signed a bond of rs 50 lac for this flying training.

i joined bsf in 2003 as a general duty assistant commandant, probation is over, service confirmed, promoted to next rank-deputy commandant.

now i have cleared the written part of ips departmental exam (IPS LCE 2012 conducted by the U.P.S.C.) and after appearing for the interview,i am awaiting final results.

i applied through proper channel and was issued noc from bsf.

in case of final selection for ips,will the bond cause any complications?

this is especially because the bond for flying training is stringent in it's terms for leaving service before 10 years after the completion of the training or even leaving the traininand this flying training will be rendered useless for my services as an ips officer even though this is a matter of intra-central govt change of job,in fact under the same ministry i.e.MHA.please note that this training is over and above the training received as a general duty officer and which can be useful for ips duties as well.since flying is a purely technical field requiring a different skill set,is it possible that the govt can deny resigantion or ask for compensation?

regards,

ONKAR NATH YADAV

Learning

2 Replies

Yogesh Anand (Head- Legal AVP)     27 August 2012

since you are getting skill upgradation at the cost of the department they have evry right to use these skills after tdainnnv you ,  otherwise training you is a waste for them.  had you not agreed for the bond they could have spent this amount on trajnjng someone else who could have servec them after training.   thus logically you are bound by the bond,  but one point that goes in your favour is that they have forwarded your application and isued NOC knowing fully well that you are under bond.  now they cannot backtrack from noc and shall have to relieve you on getting selected 

1 Like

Yogesh Anand (Head- Legal AVP)     27 August 2012

since you are getting skill upgradation at the cost of the department they have evry right to use these skills after tdainnnv you ,  otherwise training you is a waste for them.  had you not agreed for the bond they could have spent this amount on trajnjng someone else who could have servec them after training.   thus logically you are bound by the bond,  but one point that goes in your favour is that they have forwarded your application and isued NOC knowing fully well that you are under bond.  now they cannot backtrack from noc and shall have to relieve you on getting selected.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register