LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kumar (supervisor)     11 January 2014

Dubai guarentee check bounce

I was in dubai and taken a loan in 2009 from one of the NBFC.They taken me the post dated cheques for 36 EMI and one cheque as security which undated and  amount not written.After my loan disbursement they provided me a credit card without my requwst or application for such one .My loan has been closed without any dues and I got a NOC for the loan.

I used the card for 3 years and they charging me 60% interest rates and so many charges. So I filed a case against them (without any lawyer) in Abudhabi economic court the court assigned one banking expert to investigate and submit report. Based on the experts report court verdict came in favor on me to pay a small amout to the bank.. Now the bank submitted my security cheque to the bank with the toatl outstading money written on it .Cheque has been bounced . Now I fear that they will file a case on me due to cheque bounce as it is a criminal offence in UAE.Can any body give me some advice on what to do in this situation.

Thanks

Learning

2 Replies

Q Slinger (NA)     17 January 2014

You need to contact a lawyer there to get best advise or express your concerns in a Dubai legal forum. 

From the looks of it, you might have to file another case against the bank. 

amit jhaveri (managing partner)     21 January 2014

we have office in dubai and get it sorted for you.  kindly email us at aj@universallawassociates.in giving full details.

thanks

a jhaveri

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register