LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bkumar (Project Manager)     14 March 2011

Duaghter's right in ancestors property

Hi My grander father had lot of property. My dad sold all that property and bought  a home from that money.

My father is still alive but my brother want to sale that home and do not want to give any share to me. My father has no say in it as he is under my brother's pressure.

Now my question is

1) What are my rights in that home. Can I stop my brother or father to sell that home ?

2) What if they sale the property without my knowledge and bough a new home ? In this case what can be done and what right do I have ?

Learning

3 Replies

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     14 March 2011

Daughter can file a suit foe declaration that the present home is puschased out of selling ancxestral property and he same deemed to have been known as ancestral property and not to alienate the property till the disposal of the suit. cAN FILE A SUIT FOR PARTITION ALSO

Bkumar (Project Manager)     14 March 2011

Hi, Thanks for answering my first question. Please answer my 2nd question also.

2) What if they sale the property without my knowledge and bought a new home in my brother's name ? In this case what can be done and what right do I have ?

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     14 March 2011

even after the said sale, you can very well file a suit that the sale is void. But have to implead the subsequent purchasers

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register