Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Satyam (others)     09 August 2014

Dowry case filed against all family members

Dear Experts,

Its been 1.3 years of my marriage. After couple of months I found that my wife is cheating on me and she has a boyfriend even after marriage. After we brought this ashamed act of her to her parents, they reacted very casually and threatened us to file dowry case if we do something to her. We kept quiet but couldn't tolerate her cheating and we had continuous arguments. Now her father has lodged an FIR of dower against my whole family. 

After FIR, tahsil police (SHO/SI) has forwarded the case of Samjhauta center (Arbitration) in district to reconcile between the parties. But after couple of meetings at Samjhauta center (Arbitration), I dont think that I can live with her. No attitude/behavior change and her father threatens even now that if we don't settle here, they will drag us to court in this dowry case.

So we (family) is thinking , Take this 'FIR case of dowry' to court and file an divorce case to get ride of her permanently.

Please suggest 

1. Can we file a divorce case where in she already had lodged an dowry FIR case ?

2. What is the possibility of Arrest of family members and myself?

3. What could be the worst case in this case?

4. What could be the best case in this case ?

4. Can she lodge (file) some other charges to me or my family members?

5. Or we should wait for the current dowry FIR case to settle and agrees to all her demands/tolerate her ashamed behavior for months/year and then later file divorce case ?

6. She has filed FIR 498, 502 and 503 cases so far in one police station.

7. She has also filed another FIR in other police station. So in total two FIR she has filed. So does that mean her case has become strong ?

I will highly thankful if you can advice us and even give some other options to fight her and this case and get me/my family out of this whole FIR/Arrest case etc.

Thanks

Satyam

Learning

1 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     20 August 2014

repeated

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=107056&offset=1

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register