Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

aldrich (Partner)     23 March 2011

Done e-filing but unable to pay tax by 31st March 2011

Hello,

I've done e-filing in the month of October 2011, but at present i'm in a situation where i'm unable to pay the tax before 31st march 2011. I had major loss in business. Is there any chance i can pay it in the month of may or june 2011? And if so what is the penalty? Pl. help me out.

Regards,

Aldrich

Learning

3 Replies

Ashwin Kumar Ballari (PVT)     23 March 2011

Mr Aldrich,

Get hold of an  auditor and explain your situation to him defenitely he  will  get you out of this trouble.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     23 March 2011

Section 143(2) lays down that where a return has been made under section 139, or in response to a notice under sub-section (1) of section 142, the Assessing Officer shall, if he considers it necessary or expedient to ensure that the assessee has not understated the income or has not computed excessive loss or has not under paid the tax in any manner, serve on the assessee a notice requiring him, on a date to be specified therein, either to attend his office or to produce, or cause to be produced there, any evidence on which the assessee may rely in support of the return.

V D Shah (Manager - Fin. and Legal)     15 July 2012

Well, I came across this late. not sure what the sitaution is now...accoording to me you can pay tax late with interest.

If you have come across a solutions, can you please let us know?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Income Tax India e-filing is easy with a dsc. Use simple digital signature form to get your dsc online!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register