Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ann   09 June 2017

Domestic violence outside india

Hello,

We got married on few months back in church and registered our marriage under Christian Marriage Act. One night we had an argument and my husband started beating me. His mother is telling me that’s it’s okay husband beats their wife even I use to get beaten up by my husband.

Next day my mother and uncle came and told him not to repeat as domestic violence is something we won't tolerate. Even I told him this is the last chance.

Than on 31st Jan, we reached Dubai things were going all right I also got the job a few weeks back.

Than on that worst night of 15th May 2017, he beat me again slapped me many times pushed me on the floor and in self-defense I took what was there nearby unfortunately it was a glass jug which broke I got badly injured he also got some injury on his face. Hospital authority told it’s a police case but since you are a family we won't lodge any complain. So I had to take help of Dubai Church Authority and for my safety, they booked a ticket for me and had sent me back to India.

As the violence took place in Dubai I cannot file domestic violence case in India.

After I reached Mumbai on within few days my mother picked up the call he has asked her for forgiveness for losing his temper and acting violently. My mother has asked him to reach India so that we can arrange a meeting and discuss this matter. Later on, we called him to check if it is possible to come sooner he was not serious and asked us to talk to his elder brother which we found quite weird as his elder brother is not involved in this issue. After that, there was no communication between us till date.

While I am trying to navigate through the nightmare, my family has been supportive.  Since I lost trust on this man as he cannot control his anger. I don’t want to continue with this marriage. I lost my job currently I don’t have any income. Please let me know what is the procedure for divorce? And what if he doesn’t agree to give me a divorce? The marriage took place in Mangalore can we file a divorce in Mumbai?

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     09 June 2017

Family life can be a place of refuge and security but for some it is a source of pain and disappointment. Our families absorb many of the stresses and strains from the outside world – and the pressures can boil over. Sit to gether with elders and try to solve your family problems. Do not waste life time. Life is very little. 

stanley (Freedom)     13 June 2017

@ author 

Stop holding to your mothers hand ,you are grown up and married . what for did you take the vows for better or for worse till death do us apart .And aas the bible says what god has joined togather no man shall break . 

You can seek grounds on two grounds under christian marriage act . But you have to prove the same . Desertation and cruelty . Alternatively you can seek it by mutual consnet divorce both have to agree . Its better you talk to him directly and see if you can patch up are break up .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register