Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Monika   02 July 2016

Domestic issues

Dear Sir,

I am Monika married in Nov'13 have a daughter of 18months. working and earning 20K. Right after marriage I realized that my mother in law chose me for her son because she needed my salary every month. She asked for salary many times politely, rudely and by involving my husb and his father in regular arguments. 

Mother in law is earning about35K from her own coaching institute since last 30/35years and father in law gets 15K + husband earns 28k+ Sis in law earns 10-12k. All those amount of salary goes to my mother in law that is about 80K per month. My husband does not give even a penny to me infact he favors his mother. 

I need to do job to earn something for myself and daughter aswell so I requested my mother in law to take care of her she denied so I started giving 3K to my mother in law. 

I also need to do household works during morning and after coming from office but my mother in law is not happy as I am not giving full salary to her. 

She keeps abusing me and involve her neighbors aswell. Infact once my sister in law who is 6yrs younger than me abused so I tried to slap her before I could do that my husband stopped me and I was beaten badly.  A neighbor who is working in tis hazari court advised Mother in law to debarred me, husband and daughter from property so she did that. That neighbor also asked me to leave home else I will be thrown out as she has good approaches with judge and lawyers in the court. She is assistant of judge she said. 

Now as she has given a notice of debarring me quarrels on daily basis and ask me to leave home. I am scared that if I leave that home she will ask my husband to file for divorce as her son follows her mother. 

I don't have father and my mother is of 65yrs. Brothers will not take care of me and baby for whole life as they have their own family 

I have tried speaking with my husband many times but he only favors his mother and sister.  I need my husband to give good life to my daughter who is only 18months. 

If I leave that home It  will be really tough for me to make home in this salary. 

I have no option so I leave my daughter with my mother in law and recently a neighbor told my that my mother in law and Sis in law beats my baby also. 

I am trying to save my salary for my daughter's admission in a good school after she is 3yrs. 

She wants to give this home to her daughter then where should I go? 

I was not told anything before marriage else I would have chose to spend life alone now I have baby that too a daughter who needs more safety than a boy. I need a family for her I cannot leave her alone while I am going to work as the daily news that I read for baby girls have threatened me. I am helpless. Kindly advise I want to stay in that home with my daughter for lifelong. 

Regards

MOnika

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)

Somethings they did not clarify before marriage, some things you did not clarify before marriage, that makes it even.

Now situation is like this, which wont change, as you have daughter, and it is about its future now, you have two options, adjust with circusmstances and lead life.

File divorce, and fail to get it, as there are no solid grounds for asking divorce.  Alimony you wont get, as you are working woman, hiding fact that you are working or leaving job and filing alimony case will back fire and you may be charged with perjury.

Kid will get alimony till it is 18, provided father pays it. EP filing will become common, and its hide and seek game for the husband to evade paying alimony.

Best option, MCD, go for it, take one shot alimony. Dont remarry coz you are not of adjusting nature.

Khush   03 July 2016

Well, I will suggest you to go for mediation, sit with your inlaws, and talk, discuss, mediate, 

well, you do not have any solid ground for divorce, divorce will not happen if you file divorce.

you are earning so, court will not grant you any maintenance.

you also do not have any ground to file any other case.

so try to settle it amicable, because filing multiple cases will always backfire 

A walk alone (-)     03 July 2016

You are working lady I can't understand why you want share in property. Try Give value to relations not money. Otherwise you will loose relationship in seeking money. You are living with your in law , it doesn't matter if you give salary to MIL. Salary is in home. Every family has different tradition. In many family this things happen. Try to sort out problem in four walls. Otherwise your daughter will suffer in your fights.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register