LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gargi Ranade (Company Secretary)     28 May 2016

Dombivli blast

All the people staying in Maharashtra must be aware of the massive blasts which had taken place in Dombivli MIDC on Thursday morning. I have seen the disaster which has taken place in that area, apart from major damages to near by factories , average loss of almost 40+ buildings and flat owners is not less than 10k. According, to us not exact true numbers of deceased people has been recorded as of now. We understand that there must be contravention by the owners side of the safety rules and norms, but I want to know what is the role of government authorities to control such mishap. Further there must be some or other department of the Government who is responsible to ensure safety of the nearby public. Please let me know the details of the government authority against whom we can file writ in the Mumbai high court.

Learning

1 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     28 May 2016

1) The blast was due to reactor which is kept by owner without taking any safety measures as laid down by environemnt protection act, Industrial safety act.

2) Maharashtra pollution control board is government authority whihc is responsible to grant permission to set up industry. 

3) consult local lawyer for further help.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register