Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dhanalakshmi (Executive)     03 January 2018

Does acquittal case need to be furnished?

Hi,

My brother got acquitted on 2014 in the case of my husband suicide. He was charged under 306 & 506 (I). Now he got the opportunity to work in foreign country through his employer. Does he need to furnish his arrest and acquittal details to them? He is afraid of losing the opportunity because of this.

Also please let me know, how does the immigiration checks one's criminal record history normally?

Thanks

Learning

6 Replies

Nitish Banka (lawyer)     04 January 2018

Dear Dhanalakshmi,

It depends on the form whether they want any record of criminal case pending or history. Since he has been acquitted there is no criminal record in which he may have been convicted. so no need to worry.

Adv. Nitish Banka

Dhanalakshmi (Executive)     04 January 2018

Thank you sir. Does he require to furnish this to his employer or to visa department or any government application? If he don't, will it creates any problem to him?

P. Venu (Advocate)     04 January 2018

There are standard forms for such purposes. You need to disclose information that is sought and there should not be any suppression or misrepresentation of facts. However, there is no need to volunteer no information that is sought.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     06 January 2018

please see the form wherein he is required to give truthful information.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     14 April 2018

Two individuals i.e. you and brother seem to have been involved in case.

Your lawyer or another lawyer handling immigration matters could have guided you.

The information is to be provided as per forms and pointwise for each point.

If the column in form asks for any case then mention details and that you have been acquitted.

Rest is to be checked and  ascertained by you and your Lawyer in person.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     14 April 2018

In any case the documents mentioned and judgment in English can help you..

Your query has been responded in many threads..

Rest is to be checked and ascertained by you and your LOCAL Lawyer, immigration consultant/Visa guide in person.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register