Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rohit Shukla   06 June 2018

Documents under RTI act

Respected sir/madam,

I want to take certifiey copy of property related documents under RTI act,2005 by police officer which are submitted by complaint but they do not give me a certify copy of document of under RTI act,2005 and give section 8(1)g of rti under which they can not provide certify copy of documents .

What can I do for obtaining the documents.

Thank you

Learning

2 Replies

Raghav Arora   06 June 2018

Hi! Thanks for the question! Here it would be necessary to know the type of documents that you want the police to disclose. Before that, it cannot be ascertained whether the police is under a duty to furnish the documents or not.

Also you will have to understand and appreciate the fact that the police cannot be lousy in such cases as this would result into an undue disclosure of confidential files and information that might affect the public policy at large. The police are bound by law to deny the disclosure if it is against the provisions of section 8 (1) of the RTI Act 2005. So both the parties, you and police are justified here. I would request you to provide more information so that the liability of police can be ascertained. 

Rohit Shukla   06 June 2018

I want to take property related documents which was submitted by complaint against me in the police station as well as well final investigation report of the complaint.
But police did not provide such documents under rti act,2005.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register