LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Atik j.pathan (Self employed )     10 February 2020

Document type to prepare ?

I have purchased a immovable property 3 years back, but came to know recently that the property has legal heirs, I want to take their consent / no objection for the already registered transaction ,which type of document should be done and whether it should be registered or notary.

Learning

9 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     13 February 2020

What do you mean by "came to know recently that the property has legal heirs"? Please post material facts.

Atik j.pathan (Self employed )     13 February 2020

When I purchased at that time he said he don't have son or daughter ,he is alone, now his son have emerged ,say it was fabricated fraud.

This property was anchestor ,which was divide to legal heirs, i have purchased from this heirs and he is recent ,now his son is claiming.

This property was anchestor ,which was divide to legal heirs, i have purchased from this heirs and he is recent ,now his son is claiming.

P. Venu (Advocate)     13 February 2020

How is that the property is ancestral?

It was purchased in heirs grand father name then it was transfer to father and then to heir on father's death

P. Venu (Advocate)     14 February 2020

What do you mean by "It was purchased in heirs grand father name then it was transfer to father and then to heir on father's death"?

Please post simple facts; try to avoid assumptions are presumptions.

Please note that aancestral property is a property acquired by one's  great grandfather  which has been passed down from generation to generation (grandfather and father) up to the present generation  without being divided or partitioned. The concept of ancestral property is restricted Hindus. It is of no application in the case of Christians and Muslims.

Atik j.pathan (Self employed )     14 February 2020

For example, "A" purchased property he transfered it to is son "B" by partition/division , on death of "B" property got transfer to legal heir "C" ,I have purchased property from "C" ,and now "C" son(age 30-35)says he will claim in property sold to me under anchestor property .can he claim? I am purchaser(muslim) and seller "C" is Hindu.

Atik j.pathan (Self employed )     14 February 2020

Also to inform this land is situated in maharashtra.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register