LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sreenath Marar (Software Engineer)     16 October 2013

Dob change

Hi Experts, In the birth certificate my dob is 18/12/1989 and in other certificates(school/college/voter's id/pan card) my dob is 17/12/1989. Now i need to get the passport by 2nd week of november(ie, next month). But for age proof only birth certificate is acceptable as i born after 26/01/1989. When i enquired about change of dob in my 10th certificate, i came know that it is difficult to change dob in CBSE certificate since it is more than 3 years after issuing the certificate. So , can anyone please tell me if i can apply for passport with a letter from notary or can i change dob in my birth certificate?

Learning

2 Replies

Sreenath Marar (Software Engineer)     16 October 2013

Originally posted by : Sreenath Marar
Hi Experts,
In the birth certificate my dob is 18/12/1989 and in other certificates(school/college/voter's id/pan card) my dob is 17/12/1989. Now i need to get the passport by 2nd week of november(ie, next month). But for age proof only birth certificate is acceptable as i born after 26/01/1989. When i enquired about change of dob in my 10th certificate, i came know that it is difficult to change dob in CBSE certificate since it is more than 3 years after issuing the certificate.
So , can anyone please tell me if i can apply for passport with a letter from notary or can i change dob in my birth certificate?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     06 November 2013

You should attach the original birth certificate which is the only valid document for confirmation of your DOB before the passport officer and since there is a variation in your DOB, you may attach an affidavit explaining the circumstances under which the DOB was changed and the reasons which do not allow you to rectify the same, duly notarised by a Notary Public.  Hope this will be acceptable for issuance of passport.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register