Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Divorce summons

Dear friends,

wife filed 498a at my home town,Summons not received yet,And she filed divorce at her home town and got summons to attend.

My query is I'm out of station for 6 months is it mandatory to attend court? If not what happens please let me know.

Thankyou

Learning

32 Replies

(Guest)

Kucn nahi hoga.  Be out of station.  Nothing will happen.  Dont worry.  ENjoi.

Sachin (N.A)     14 March 2017

It is mandatory to be present in 498a but not in divorce case.

You need to hire a lawyer who will represent you in court and will file exemption application in 498a on your behalf.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Sachin
It is mandatory to be present in 498a but not in divorce case.

You need to hire a lawyer who will represent you in court and will file exemption application in 498a on your behalf.

If I don't attend in divorce case will judge give expart divorce?

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Helping Hand !

Thankyou 

pls can u tell me will judge issue warrant?

(Guest)
Originally posted by : WeddingGift498A

Originally posted by : Helping Hand !

Thankyou 

pls can u tell me will judge issue warrant?

Most of people like you get misguided by people who are themselves facing cases like you, eg above sachin. just giving you an example. If you are out of station. Stay out of station. Even if you return back, dont go to your home address. Be in same city but dont go to home. Dont take summons either in 498a case or any other case including divorce. Just stay aloof for another 1 year like this. Chances are that divorce will be granted. Some maintenance might also get granted. Police will keep roaming to the given address like dogs, ask whoever is at home to feed them biscuits each time they come. Court will keep giving dates, your lovely will keep attending dates, she wont get alimony, she will get divorce as she herself filed it. She wont get anything in 498a case, as there is nothing that court can give to any woman in 498a case. Just stay aloof. I say go to some other country for 3-4 years. Your idiot wife will roam to court and herself get fed up and stop attending court. For petitioner not appearing in court, court will dismiss the 498a after 3-4 years. Dont worry about maintnence case at all. Just dont take summons at all. Even if court order something, dont worry. Even if warrant issue, dont worry. Dogs will come and take biscuit and go. Thats all.  Few idiots (due to lack of knowledge as to how to handle 498a) wont know that one should not take summons and end up taking summons. Once you take summons, you will have not other option than running behind the case and finishing the case till it ends.

Tell your parents etc not to take summons.  If they ask where you went, tell that dont know.

In case you like my reply, please click on like button here or on my profile page by visiting it, whose link is given below.

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/profile.asp?member_id=84464

(Guest)

Warrant issue hua toh daro mat. Bhaya pada-dey. Fikar not.

(Guest)

Dont worry about co-accused.  If your parents name included in 498a, then give house on rent or lease to someone and shift to some other house.  If you can take your parents to some other country take them with you.  Stay 4-5 years there. Come baack after that, all cases would have got over.  Tension nai lene ka.  Summons nai lene ka.

Mukesh sharma (job )     15 March 2017

Hello its mandatory to attend court if you not attend court court will issue arrest warrent against you so if you are not on location so you hire lawyer who take care your case and go forward with your case and present in court behalf you get notified to you about court next procedding 

Sachin (N.A)     15 March 2017

As i already mentioned that hire a lawyer but beware of self proclaimed laywers like useless hand who will make case  more complicated for their personal benefit.

If you can't attened court proceedings of case 498a don;t use any useless techiques explained by useless hand. Your lawyer will simply move an application of exemption for that date. 

ADVOCATE NITIN KAPOOR (Advocate)     15 March 2017

its alright about divorce case but be careful about 498A case as in that you may face serious consequences for not attending the court proceedings. 

Regards,

Adv. Nitin Kapoor

ADVOCATE NITIN KAPOOR (Advocate)     15 March 2017

There are more useless hands than helping hands as correctly stated by SACHIN ...... this useless hand is so knowledgaeble that he dont even know the proceedings of proclaimed offender and attachment of property if you will not present yourself in court in time. 

Dont make your life hell, hire a good advocate and contest your case.

Regards,

Adv. Nitin Kapoor

1 Like

A simple reason why i am against useless hand.

Don't try to be over smart in court, if you can't attened court proceedings simply move application before the court and ask for permission.

1 Like

(Guest)

On the other hand if you have not taken dowry from the wife or her parents. Then file counter 498a on your wife and her parents which none of the useless repliers have advised you.  Thats the best way to tackle a 498a case if you have not taken dowry at all.  Just appointing advocate will only make one hole in your pocket, thats all.  Each advocate will suggest you to appoint advocate take summons etc but will never tell you to file counter 498a on wife and her parents.  Just taking dowry is not crime, but giving dowry is also crime. and your inlaws can be sent to jail if they tried to give you dowry.  Dont worry.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register