LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

V.S.Sharma   16 January 2019

Divorce petition between st girl and brahmin boy

I want a citation of a divorce decree passed between the couple consisting ST Girl and Brahmin Boy. Will this divorce petition can be filed in normal family court under Hindu Marriage Act? Since the Bhil-Meena tribe is having Hindu religion and Brahmins are also under Hindu religion. But the Judge in whose court the petition is filed is confused, whether he is competant to allow the decree of divource under Hindu Marriage Act in the case where the girt belongs to ST and the boy is Brahmin. The petition is at the final stage and if some citation is available of the same type of case the Judge will be satisfied and pass the order. Please suggest me accordingly so as the citation can be put before the Judge.

Learning

6 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     16 January 2019

Dear querist,

Family court judge is competent to dispose the case.

Regards

Deepak Joshi & Associates

Djaa.legal@gmail.com

Mb/whatsapp +919456777600

1 Like

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     16 January 2019

Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 applies to both parties. Family Court of the district has jurisdiction to adjudicate and decide petition for divorce.

Shashi Dhara   16 January 2019

U see Rajasthan &Madhya Pradesh official gazette in st group, whether they have classified as Hindus or not u submit it to court.

V.S.Sharma   17 January 2019

Sir, I agree with you. But I need a citation so as I canl put the same before the Judge to make him satisfied. Can you please help me.

Shashi Dhara   17 January 2019

RajasthanHighCourt Ramlal Meena V/SPrem Bai Meena on 20april2017JaipurD.BSpecailAppealCivilNo14/11

Shashi Dhara   17 January 2019

U see this decision I cannot tell it in full because my knowledge is enough on this case

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register