Divorce granted 23 years ago

My father and step mother got divorce in the year 1995 ,the divorce was a mutual divorce and a permanent alimony has been paid to my step mother and her daughter .Also a huge amount has been paid for the marriage and living and education expenses for step mothers daughter as compromise for divorce.
recently supressing all these facts step mother's daughter has filed a maintenance case and partion suit against my father self acquired property for a share both of which have been dismissed.

Now step mother is harassing us by enquiring about our whereabouts and when my father is trying to sell his self-acquired property she is coming in between and not allowing us to sell the property.

Im very much surprised that after the divorce why she is coming/approaching  to us? 
she is making circles around our house keeping a watch to not allow my father to sell his property
is there anything we can do to stop her approaching us?

what is the solution please  for this/

Kindly advise.

Free legal advice and legal aid cell

Keep in hand the decree of divorce as well as decree dismissing her suit for partition of the property, so that if prospective buyers come, you can show those decrees to them.  Next, you can file a suit against her and her daughter restricting their entry in your area.



The self acquired property of a person can be sold by him without interference or permission of any outsider. The woman who is not even the wife and otherwise too who has no interest or share in the self acquired property cannot object or interfere in the transfer of property by way of sale to another person by your father. Just ignore that woman and if she try to enter your house, lodge police complaint her for house breaking.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC Course!     |    x