LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sunil (Manager)     14 December 2010

Dispute on HUF Status of property

I have filed a case against my brother, for my rightful share to the ancestral property left behind by my father.If my father did not self acquire a piece of property but inherited it from my paternal grandfather, is the property considered to be ancestral? If my paternal grandfather started a family business and my fathers and uncles joined the business after finishing their studies and the ancestral business still exists today - managed by my surviving uncles and their sons as well as my brother - along the line some spin off companies have been created - is the family/setup treated to be a HUF setup.  For the longest time, my father and uncles were a joint family.  Are the properties acquired as a part of this joint family - even if in individual names, but earnings from the joint family ancestral business considered to be ancestral? Are they considered to be HUF?  What line can I take if my brother says they are not HUF properties or they are not ancestral.  My father's will has not been registered and could be forged.  But, I understand that ancestral properties cannot be willed, in any case.

Learning

1 Replies

Sunil (Manager)     15 December 2010

What is the difference between ancestral property and HUF property?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register