LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Son of a father (director)     28 March 2010

Disowned by Parents

I got into an arranged marriage two years back. Do to alot of frictions with in the family and  mis-behaviour of my wife with my 7-0 year old parents we moved out as she went ahead an pressed 498a charges on them.

I was then thereafter disowned by my paerents. The 498a case is almost coming to a clsoe where it is soon to be dismissed by the court as a false case consdiering the various factors such as there is no physical torture demand of dowry or that I am already living with my wife in a seperate physical location.

My concern is my parents has also gone ahead and made their wills. Since eerything is earned by my father who is a self made man he will choose to do what he wants with his wealth. As far as I have knowledge He has left everything to my Brother and sister and not even mentioned my name in the succession of any of his/our property.

What should I Do to get my fair share of the property being his son? Please help as I am very desperate for advice.

Varun

Learning

5 Replies

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     28 March 2010

Sir, as you have told that it is your father's self owned property, he always have the discretion to give the sme to anybody he wishes to. So, you have no legal rights in the same at all. All the facts you have told relating to your wife and your parents have nothing to do with having a share in the property of your father. It might have influenced your father to exclude you from his property.

nidhi kalia (lawyer)     28 March 2010

u have not right to get ur father's self acqured property.. 

Vikas Dharmendra (Consultant)     29 March 2010

Thay can give share from their propertuy out of love and affection, have you abused them or did some misbehaviour with old age parents?

are you living with same wife?, then absolutely your parents willl not give share from their property,

you have right over ancesters(Grand Parents) property only .

N G PRATHAPAN (Customer Care Executive)     05 September 2010

can reply any one to the following ?

I have filed a case through an advocate at Noida Court.  the brief history is:

I met an accident due to someone's mistake.  The FIR was written in my favour and also has a witness.  The case was filed in August 2009.   At that time only I attended court to see my verification.  Thereafter hearing is going on every month.  Till now me or my witness is not been called by the court (Hearing is attending by my Advocate).

Is it possible to not call the person even one time during these one year time?

Can you give me feed back.

Thanks. N G PRATHAPAN

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register