Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Cyril Paul (Service)     24 September 2013

Discrepancy in relieving letter

Hi,

I worked with an organization 3.5years and during which I got promoted from being a process associate to a process developer. post which I left the organization for better prospects.

Now in my current organization, I have been with them for 5.5years where they did an initial background check and I was given employment. Recently, they have initiated at leadership level an advanced back ground check for all.

So I had to submit the earlier organization's relieving letter which stated my designation incorrectly as Process Associate though I was a Process Developer. I have my promotion letter and all salary slips since I was promoted. And when I shared the documentation with the previous company to get the relieving letter corrected. They have bluntly shared that they wont be able to make any changes as they have their records as "Process Associate".

I have never been communicated if there was a demotion or change in title by the previous organization.

So what is the legal recourse I can take to get the amendment in the relieving letter from the past organization.

And can my current organization implicate me with falsifying records in connection with my past employment at the previous organization, can this affect my terms of employment with the current organization in what ever manner.

Please assist and guide me here.

Regards,

CP

Learning

1 Replies

Cyril Paul (Service)     01 October 2013

Dear Forum

I would request if I can get guidance on this matter as legal opinion.

Thanks,

Regards

CP

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register