LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mirsa   12 December 2019

Different spelling between father's given name and child's s

Is there any rule in India governing the use of father's given name as child's surname? In all documents of mine, my name is Mirsa Mohammed and my father's name is P M Mohammed. But in my father's documents his name is P M Muhammed. (Notice the difference in spelling 'o' instead of 'u'). I want to keep in sync my documents with my father's documents. For that I'm trying to understand is it enough to correct father's name in my documents to use 'u' instead of 'o' and can I keep my surname unchanged? Means after the change in my documents can i have my name as Mirsa Mohammed and my father's name as P M Muhammed? Thanks in advance.

Learning

4 Replies

Sb Karma   19 December 2019

yes you can...go with affidavit of name correction from local notary....consult local lawyer to do so he will assist you best

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     22 December 2019

your father's name was been incorrectly written in your documents, you can file an affidavit based on the documentary evidences to prove the incorrect entry. Once you been done then you can have this affidavit published in a local newspaper and go ahead with the corrections carried out accordingly.

Rajib Banerjee   01 January 2020

Dear Sir,
My father name in all documents are "Amiya Bandhopadhyay" but we use Banerjee in all our documents. My father has deceased, is there any issue with the surname?My father name mentioned in our documents as "Amiya Banerjee".

Please advise .

Thanks and best regards
Rajib Banerjee

Sb Karma   02 January 2020

Originally posted by : Rajib Banerjee
Dear Sir,My father name in all documents are "Amiya Bandhopadhyay" but we use Banerjee in all our documents. My father has deceased, is there any issue with the surname?My father name mentioned in our documents as "Amiya Banerjee".Please advise .Thanks and best regardsRajib Banerjee

Told you already...

that you need to go with affidavit(name correction)

*where you need to state that Amiya Bandhopadhyay and Amiya Banerjee are same person

চিন্তার কোনো কারণ নেই....ভালো থেকো  Happy new year 2020

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register