Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pankaj (Lead)     07 September 2014

Difference in offer letter and current job description

Hi,

I have joined an IT company(which is my first although I do have experience in Technical BPO) and I was provided with an offer letter with several responsibilities. My reporting manager told me that the JD which you will be getting is more or less similar and that I accepted without any concerns. But after spending couple of months I have found that my JD is different than what I was offered and my current JD is more of people management which I am not comfortable with. With regards to this I discussed it with my new manager and his manager (who was my previous reporting manager) and both have denied completely that they cannot do anything in these cases. I even asked them to release from this particular project but it seems they are not interested in it.

I have checked with few people and got to know that even if I talk to HR about this at the end it will be operation's call and whatever they decide will be done.

Please help me as I am not able to concentrate.

Learning

3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     10 September 2014

If you feel that the working condition is not conducive, decide about making a call accordingly

Selvam (Business Development)     14 October 2014

Dear Mr. Pankaj,

As Mr. T. Kalaiselvan rightly told, you need to take a call accordingly, if you are not comfortable. 

With regards

P. Selvam

Kumar Doab (FIN)     14 October 2014

1. Don't always remain entangled with Line Managers.

2. HR Personnel is also not your employer. They are just another employee like you. They have a job responsibility  like you, on of which is to be impartial, unbiased, and redress the genuine grievances of employees.

3. If HR does not redress your grievance escalate in a gentle manner to good offices of appointing authority,MD etc....................

4. The employer thru its Line Managers/HR has placed you in a job profile for which you had not applied/offered your services and you were not employed. It is a breach of offer of employment made to you............................and accepted by you.

5. Your colleagues are right and HR may take a stand not to change your profile/KRA's.

6. You can contemplate separation. The catch is that you should be able to do so without any adverse effect on you.

Usually in such situations Line Managers/HR personnel cast negative aspersions on employee and keep themselves clean since they are not immune from Conduct and Discipline Rules.......................law of the land.

It is almost certain that you shall be compelled to serve notice period, seek NOC etc.....................and some charge may be leveled.

Hence before you act in haste you should build suitable written record under proper acknowledgment and thus be able to come out clean.....................

7. It is time to consult elders in the family, competent and experienced well wishers, able Law Consultant/Service Lawyer................................IT/ITeS employees unions/employees union leaders, Trade Union leaders......................and show them the job advt., job application, interview call letter, offer letter, appointment letter, HR policy/Service Rules and Regulations stated in appointment letter, etc..............

8. What is the notice period stated in appointment letter, and you are in which state?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register