Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Minhas (Doctor)     02 July 2013

Difference in name on passport & certificates

Hi 

My Name on my Passport is MEENHAS HYDER O.K.

and on certificates (X, XII, MBBS Degree) it is simply MEENHAS .O.K.

It is nearly impossible to change my name in my certificates as I have a dozen of certificates from Foreign countries as well. My query is about the possibility of changing my name on Passport to MEENHAS.O.K. If yes, what are the procedures? 

Kindly advice.

Regards

Dr. Meenhas

Learning

5 Replies

Arpit lalan (Legal Consultancy/Advocate)     02 July 2013

You can get it changes by approaching the Passport office. The procedures have now been simplified. You can calso try doing it online or hire and agent who does the same.

1 Like

raveenasen (Manager)     02 July 2013

You can file Application Form 1 with Passport Office for change of name.

1 Like

Minhas (Doctor)     02 July 2013

Thanks a lot for the quick response. This club indeed is an amazing site for the public. Kudos to all Lawyers here!!! I am very relieved to know that there is a solution for my problem. I wanted to know 1 more thing. As I was born on 1984, I don't have birth certificate with me. Instead I have School Leaving/Transfer Certificate. Will School Leaving Certificate be enough to show as Name proof at Passport Office?

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     03 July 2013

It is a proof to show your name in the birth certificate and also some times they will accept transfer certificate and how come transfer certificate is correct and your certificates are correct and enquire with the local passport office if an affidavit will do 

Priya Sukumaran (Consultant)     16 September 2013

give two paper ad and provide a notary and apply for reissue of passport

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register