LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mahesh   21 December 2018

Difference in caste in caste certificate and lc from school

I got my OBC caste certificate from Tahsildar office.  In caste certificate, my caste is mentioned as WANI.

But, in my school leaving certificate, it is mentioned as LINGAYAT WANI.  It is also in OBC.

Will this difference cause problem in caste certificate verification while taking admission.

Learning

4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     21 December 2018

Ask school to correct caste.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     22 December 2018

First you should know your Exact Caste.

Then the certificate issued by comptent authority is valid for all purposes.

A transfer certificate is valid for getting admission into some other institution and validity is limited to getting admission only.  TC is never insisted in any employment documents.

If it is necessary you can file a certified copy of your caste, and write to School to issue transfer certificate as per valid certificate.

However, if your application during admission at your school disclose your original caste duly signed by your parents is the same with that of TC, then there is a dispute and you have to prevail for chaning of the same as per valid certificate issued by comptent authority.

1 Like

Mahesh   22 December 2018

Namskar Prasad sir,

I would like to thank first for your timely reply and nice guidance.

My exact caste is WANI and I got castecertificate from Tahsildar with the same caste, i.e. WANI.

But, in my school LC, there is Lingayat Wani.

I contacted school about change of caste as per my valid caste certificate, they are asking for a lengthy procedure to go to Zilla Parishad Office.  I think only affidavit and caste certificate is enough for the school to make changes.  Please guide on this.

Please explain your last paragraph, I did not understand it.

Thanks for your light showing response sir.

Harish Rajendran   20 May 2022

Each caste's rights are rated. It's similar to a scale of oppression. The upper castes have all of the rights and resources, while the lower castes have almost no rights and are informed that they are solely there to serve the "upper" castes. There's also subcastes, which are castes within castes.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register