Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

prakashsingh   04 November 2016

Delhi police press release - certified copy

Hi.. experts

I need to establish a bad character of an accused in the court. I have many copies of FIRs against him in cheating cases, delhi police also issued some press releases of his arrest.

My concern is:-

1. Whether I need to obtain a certified copy of these documents especially press release for submission in court? Given that all this information is already available in public domain getting a certified copy is necessary? Can't I request court to check the website of delhi police containing this  information?

2. Will police provide me certified copies of FIRs and press releases etc. through RTI because I am no where connected in those cases?

Thanks & Regards

Learning

4 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     04 November 2016

you can get copies of fir by filing rti before the concerned pio.news paper release is difficult to rely on

Kumar Doab (FIN)     04 November 2016

Attach screenshots/printouts/copies and apply for certified copies under RTI. 

prakashsingh   05 November 2016

Thanks for responses..

But Mr. Saravanan, that is not a news paper release that is a Press Release issued by Delhi Police and it can be seen on their website also www.delhipolice.nic.in

I just need a certified copy of that release to produce before the court.

and Mr. Kumar I have filed an RTI yesterday and mentioned the date and title of the press release in it. Is that enough for PIO to track back the records.

Thanks and regards

Kumar Doab (FIN)     05 November 2016

The Delhi Police must be maintaining list and copy of Press Releases.

Take a printout also, and printout may show the weblink.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register