LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vinod Kumar Mishra   24 December 2017

Degrading pay scale

I have joined in NIT on 6000 AGP (Academic grade pay) pay scale and after five year it will automaticaly become 7000 AGP as per rule at the time of my joining. Now NIT has made new rule approved by MHRD that instead of 7000 AGP we will be given 6600 GP (Grade Pay). Most important is those who have joined on 5400 GP will be also given 6600 GP after five year instead of older rule after 8 year. So my question is can ministry increase more money of those staff who joined in lower grade pay 5400 in comparison to those who joined on 6000 AGP? Now lower pay scale staff will have increase of 1000 GP and higher will have 600 GP. They claim that there was anomoly earlier so it has been done like this, but fact is it is rule in university and many IIT. It is a case of Assistant librarian (6000agp) and assistant registrar (5400 gp). Asst librarian joined on the basis of UGC-NET qualification so it was made 6000 AGP as per ugc rules. Now they removed UGC-NET from mandatory qualification so new person will join on 5400 gp instead of 6000 agp. Please suggest can they reduce 7000 agp to 6600 gp and demotivate them by keeping others same scale. Its lose of the staff who joined on higher Grade pay than other? More details are at mishravk.com

Learning

2 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     25 December 2017

Please post simple facts.

Vinod Kumar Mishra   26 December 2017

Thanks for your comment

1. I have joined  NIT with grade pay AGP 6000 as Assistant Librarian

2. As per rule at that time after five year i will be automatically upgraded to AGP 7000

3. Now New rule with the recommendation of NIT Council has been approved according to which

4. Now i will be upgraded to GP (Grade pay) 6600 instead of AGP (Academic Grade pay) 7000 after five year on the recommendation of Departmental promotion committee

5. At the same time as per new rule those who joined on 5400 GP will be also upgraded to 6600 GP ( As per old rule their upgradation was after 8 year on GP 6600)

Now my question is two persons on the basis of two different qualification and different grade pay can be upgraded on same pay GP 6600 if so than i will be in loss and mine increase will be Rs. 600 and another who joined on less pay will have increase of Rs. 1000 i.e. person who joined on less scale will have more upgradation .

The details are at : https://mishravk.com/2017/12/nit-rr/ 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register