Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

BHUWAN SRIVASTAVA (LAW OFFICER)     29 August 2011

Definition of moral turpitude.

Dear learned friends.

Can anyone tell me the actual difference between offence involving moral turpitude and gross misconduct?

I would be very much obliged if any case law be provided to me on this subject matter.

Learning

3 Replies

pratik (self working)     29 August 2011

i also want to known.

(Guest)

Dear Bhuwan & Pratik,

Moral turpitude is considered as an act or behaviour that gravely violate the sentiment or accepted standard of community, or a quality of dishonesty or other immorality that is determined by a court of law to be present in the commission of a criminal offence.  For example, theft, murder, perjury, vice crimes, bigamy, and rape, etc., can be treated as the acts of moral turpitude that may harm the interests of the community, in general, a person lives in.

On the other hand,  gross misconduct is a type of offence that indicates very blameworthy character or violation of organizational ethics or prescribed rules of conduct for a person (or employee) associated with the organisation or society. for example, violation of liquor law or disorderly conduct against the set conduct rules of any organisation, can be treated as sorts of gross misconduct.

1 Like

Anurag Pareek   11 April 2016

Gross misconduct will effect the bank jobs and central government jobs Please help in this matter. I punished under Act 60A And fine 100/- in court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register