Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

S MAHESH (MANAGING PARTNER)     08 April 2014

Deficiency of service rendered by icici bank ltd.

Subject : Seeking your Intervention to get justice for the deficiency of service rendered by ICICI Bank ltd.

Sir,

I  S.Mahesh, Managing Director of AIRLAND BUSINESS SOLUTIONS LLP holding a current account with ICICI bank ltd, A/c No:- 603705017492, having office at No.10, Thiruvalluvar 2nd Street, Pallikaranai, Chennai – 600 100, Tamil Nadu. I issue the following request to register a complaint with ICRPC against the Bank for its deficiency in service rendered.

I as an exporter have sent 1000 bags of Red Onions to Colombo through the Vessel Tiger Pearl BL NO : SWL/TUT/29491, dated 05/04/2013 and furnishing the export documents Viz. Bill of Exchange and others to ICICI bank, Tuticorin on 05/04/2013 with a request to send the same immediately.

Despite the request made to send the Export documents immediately, Bank has reluctantly send the same through their courier only on 06/04/2013 at 19:30 (Indian time). The said documents were delivered on 10/04/2013 at 03:34 (Colombo time) after bank hours and the container was cleared on 11/04/2012 through the container reached Colombo on 06/04/2013. Moreover i have requested for alternate options to the bank’s trade manager multiple times and the request was denied and no action was taken to prioritize the courier delivery also. The manager has promised that the courier delivery from bank was two working days from the day of documents received. Whereas, documents delivered on the fourth working day clearly denotes the banks negligence in document processing even after multiple reminders from my client that the goods are perishable type. Because of the delay on Bank’s part the onion sent by me were decayed. The importer from Srilanka informed the condition of the goods were bad and they have perished and in order to ascertain the condition of the goods exported by our company, we went to Sri lanka and saw the condition of the goods.

Though we requested the Bank to send the export documents immediately, ICICI bank has send the same only on 06/04/20013 at 19:30 hrs (Indian Time) through DHL Courier. This shows two days delay on your part in sending the export documents to the importer at Colombo. This was brought to the bank notice by us through emails dated 27/05/2013, SR No: 277636983 and 01/06/2013 have asked ICICI bank to compensate the loss incurred to our company due to your negligent act in sending the export document in time. Though ICICI Tuticorin branch Bank works till 8pm and if they could have sent the export document on 05/04/2013 or at least by 06/04/2013 before the closure of DHL Courier time the delay could not be occurred and the goods sent by us will be saved. Because, of the Banks  negligence in sending the export the documents belatedly Our company incurred the loss of the tune of Rs. 8,00,000/- (Eight Lakhs Only) which should be compensated by ICICI Bank ltd only. Bank has sent the export documents on 06/04/2013 at 19:30 hrs (Indian Time) even after knowing the goods sent by us are perishable one. This shows negligence on Bank’s part in sending the export document in time. The replies sent by ICICI bank are only safeguarding their staffs and not protect the valuable customers like us and the reasons given by ICICI Bank are not compensation our loss.

I, on behalf of my Company call upon ICICI bank ltd to pay a sum of Rs. 8,00,000/- (Eight Lakhs Only) to Our company Airland Business Solutions llp, India,  For the loss incurred to our company because of bank’s negligence in not sending export document in time along with mental tortures and agony caused to us.

I can be reached anytime  via email at  airlandbs@gmail.com  or my cell phone, +919840350367,9952043856.

Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to speaking with you about this complaint.

THANKING YOU

S MAHESH 

+919840350367,9952043856

please help us to process this case any one there to help

Learning

3 Replies

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     08 April 2014

File complaint before Distrct consumer Redressal Forum having jurisdiction against ICiCi Bank Ltd for their deficient services and claim the amount of loss incurred to yourr company due to negligence of bank and also claim compensation towards mental and physical agony.  

icicibankcare (Bank)     09 April 2014

Dear Mr. Mahesh,

We are sorry to hear about your experience. We have made a note of your contact details . Our official will get back to you.

Regards,

ICICI Bank Customer Service Team

S MAHESH (MANAGING PARTNER)     10 April 2014

Dear team , I would like to seek advocates attention We are decided to file a suit against ICICI bank I would like to know in which location having jurisdiction And help us in calculation the court fee Thanking you S mahesh

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register