LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

GEETESH LILHORE   03 May 2019

Declaration of income.

I want to avail OBC reservation. My parents salaries are more than 8 lakhs. But it doesnt matter as salaries of government employees are not considered while computing the income, as per the OBC NCL criteria. Now, when I applied for OBC NCL certificate, the local authorities asked for income certificate of parents. But the income certificate which is issued in our state do not have the mention of "source of income", instead it is written "Income from all sources" on the income certificate, hence i am unable to declare my parents income in the income certificate, as I want to exclude their salaries in the income, but I can not do so with the present format of income certificate. So i am just asking you for any other way/format in which I can declare my parents income?

Learning

4 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     03 May 2019

Dear queriest, I think, for Central Certificate OBC-(NCL), the total income of your parents annual income under Six Lakhs (6 lacs).

GEETESH LILHORE   03 May 2019

no, its 8 lakhs and that too without including salaries.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     04 May 2019

The rules are framed and income from all sources has to be considered for issuing NCL certificates. The format is prescribed and you can not alter the well-devised format and invent your own format to suit your requirement You cannot decide your self to exclude salary income from total income from all sources when salary income is the primary source of income.  The decision has to be taken by Tehsildar.  Contact him and convince him with your arguments, and it is he that has to take a final decision in issuing NCL as per directives.  Members can never suggest modifications for a prescribed format and no legal point is involved in the query.

P. Venu (Advocate)     04 May 2019

As already suggested, you are required to furnish the information sought. If decision is contrary to the norms, you have the option to approach higher authorities and even to seek judicial review, if so advised.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register