LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Yaaros   11 March 2016

Dealer not issuing warranty card after purchase

Last week I purchase one Godrej air conditioner from one of their dealer outlet (Nandilath G-Mart) in Kerala. Before purchase the sales person in their show room told me that it comes with 7 years compressor warrant and 5 years warranty for other parts including condenser, and when asked for warranty card after billing and credit card payment they told me that there is no warranty card and the bill is enough.

When I contacted Godrej Customer Service warranty card issue, they informed me that my model comes with only 5 years compressor warrant and 1 year warranty for other parts including condenser, and the bill is enough to avail that ,and there is no warranty card for the product.

Then I talked with showroom manager about this issue but he denied it saying nobody in the show room would have promised 5/7 years warranty since it comes with only1/5 years warrenty. Later I came to know that its their usual practice providing misleading information about warranty and service to increase the sales.

Now the main issue is that the warranty duration and terms are not mentioned in the bill or manual which comes with the product. So, if any issue arises later, I wouldn't have any proof for warranty duration/terms. 

So, What should I do to get warranty card / letter mentioning duration and terms, what ever the manufaturer provides, from Dealer/manufaturer? I just want a proof for warranty and terms so as the dealer/company can't change the stand later.

Learning

1 Replies

m.kameswaran (student)     11 March 2016

5 years compressor warranty and 1 year warranty for some parts not for all the parts. so dealer has to give warranty card . it is mandatory,  if the bill is in your name and exact address it is sufficient and also u have paid the bill through ur credit dard . if u need w card do this if u have the bill provided by shop or dealer,take photocopies,and prepare the complaint regarding non issuance of warranty card and your demand. and also cstomer care call details and response. send the complaint  with the copies  of bill to the following addresses and shop address in register post with acknowledgement cards. then u will get  good response and the card.

Chennai-

Godrej & Boyce Mfg. Co. Ltd.,
No.1, SIDCO Industrial Estate, Ambattur,
Chennai – 600 098
Telephone No.- 044-6654 4444

head office.

Godrej Industries Limited.
Pirojshanagar, Eastern Express Highway,
Vikhroli, Mumbai (INDIA).– 400079

Contact No- 022-2518 8010

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies