Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ranveer singh (Studying )     04 April 2017

Daughter's share in father's property

RESPECTED LAWYERS, 

I WANT TO ASK YOU THAT MY NANAJI IS HAVING TWO DAUGHTERS INCLUDING MY MOTHER, AND NO SON. IF HE REFUSE TO GIVE PROPERTY TO HIS DAUGHTERS  AND GIVE IT TO HIS BROTHER'S SON. UNDER THIS CIRCUMSTANCES IS THERE ANY OPTION TO HAVE SHARE IN HIS PROPERTY.

Learning

9 Replies

shrenik (lawyer)     04 April 2017

If proprty is purchSed by ur grandfather then he can give it to amy one But if the property is inherited by ur grand father then ur mother will have a share

Sir, my nani( grandmother) is no more. She had some property in her Name too. We are taking care of Nanaji, and he is living with us. But he never talk about the land and farms, neither we talk to him about his property. But we are in doubt that whether he will give it to us or his nephew. 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     04 April 2017

Confirm!

Kumar Doab (FIN)     04 April 2017

Is this property self earned/acquired in hands of you Nanaji?

It is belived that he is alive. What is this property: rural/urban/agricultural land?

It is in which state?

It is believed that you are all Hindu.

V.Govindaradjou (Advocate)     04 April 2017

If the property is self acquired, he can dispose according to his own wishes. on the other hand, if it is ancestral his right to alienate/ donate/ executing will or any document of like nature is limited.

Sir, thank you so much for your reply. The property is acquired from forefathers and the property is rural agricultural land. 

It is in Uttar Pradesh and we all are Hindu

Kumar Doab (FIN)     05 April 2017

In UP as per local laws Married daughters are not given share in agricultural land.

Local counsel well versed with local revenue rules/laws and latest developments can help you.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     05 April 2017

For your academic interest you may go thru:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Married-daughter-rights-in-father-ancestral-agri-property-108106.asp

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register