Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jasmine (IT Manager)     22 April 2010

Daughter's rights on father's property in Punjab India

Hi,

I am a women residing in Malaysia. My dad died in 1983. My dad has 10 children – 5 sons and 5 daughters including me. My dad has a tons of property which can be consided as ancestral property since there were no will written by my late father.

After my father's death we were very depressed and that’s when my elder brother approached all sisters to get the consent to empower him to act on behalf. All of us sister signed a letter from the Comissioner of Oath stating that we agree to allow him to act on behalf.

He has never spoken to us an

For many many years without our consent my elder brother has been selling and transferring my late fathers property to others and enjoying the benefits / profits to himself.

In 2008, 3 of my brothers manage to get their share from my elder brother, and the refuse to share it with the sisters.

We sisters has just found out about it recently and we are upset about it. Below are my few question which I appreciate to get a favourable answer.

1.       Do we sister’s have the rights on our late father property?

1. I am aware that there are still balance of my late father’s property which is a shop lot that has not been sold yet and it is in the midst of being sold. Can I freeze this transaction from taking place? How do I go about doing that?
  2. If as a daughter I have the rights to the property, than can I claim my right on the share of  properties that has been sold?
  3. My late mother also have a Fixed Deposit and recently instead of makin one of us the next of kin, my elder brother has put it on his son. What can I do to get my rights on this FD.

I sincerely hope you reply to these question and bring me justice.

Thanks.

Jazz

Learning

4 Replies

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     23 April 2010

Having right and getting it is different/difficult thing. U can revoke/cancel power of attorney. Also u may issue/ get published notification in the local daily about the activity of your brothers mentioning the details of the property, cautioning the proposed buyers.  Consult a good civil lawyer. You may also ask in expert section of this site.

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     25 April 2010

First and formost revocke the POA. secondly object all transactions in case of immovable properties in ROR.as a result all purchaser of the property will come to u along with your elder brother . get partitioned all property 

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     10 May 2010

What does revoking the POA after 25 years after the properties have been sold mean? He legitimately sold the property as per powers given to him? What is the problem now after so many years? Why was the POA given if did not have to act upon it?

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     10 May 2010

POA revocation for future .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register