LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tarun Sharma (EMPLOYEE)     10 January 2011

Daughter's Right

Dear All, I have a query abt Daughter's right in Grand Father's Property?

My self is Tarun Sharma s/o of Sh. R.K. Sharma s/o Sh. Bhim Sen Sharma. I just want to know that, is there any right of my married sister of grandfather made property. My grandfather (Sh. Bhim Sen Sharma) has died on 15 jan 2005. My grandfather has three son (my father - Sh. R.K. Sharma & two uncle). Before my grandfather died, he transfered the property to all their three sons equally & made Power of Attorney to all their three sons. I have One Brother & One Married Sister. Now the question is, my married sister can claim property share on my fathers property now? My father & Mother are alive. But my parents doesn't wants to share the property with my sister. Now, can she claim the property rights / share or demand of property?

please reply as soon as possible....

TARUN SHARMA

Learning

7 Replies

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     10 January 2011

Your grand father can execute/divide the right in the self acquired property alone and not in ancestral property..

Daughter is entitled for her share in ancestral property

1 Like

Thanks to reply Mr. Aravinthan...

If my father will sale this property right now & buy a new floor & this new floor will registered to my mother. For that case, my sister can claim the share on this new floor also, which will be on my mother's name?

please reply as soon as possible....

TARUN SHARMA

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     10 January 2011

If the properties are self acquired properties of  the grand father then he can dispose off such properties according to his will and wish.  Moreover before his death GF has distributed the properties amongst his sons.  If he had not distributed the properties before his death daughter could have sought for her share, now she cannot ask for her share.

If property purchased in the name of your mother it amounts to her self acquired property, as such in this also daughter cannot seek her share.

1 Like

please send any other opinions.............

Tarun Sharma (EMPLOYEE)     11 January 2011

i need some others opinions.............

pls. clear my doubts

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     13 January 2011

no other options

raj kumar ji (LAW STUDENT )     13 January 2011

MR.TARUN SHARMA JI ,

IF UR GRAND FATHER DIVIDED HIS PROPERTY .AND UR FATHER GET THERE SHARE NOW HE DISPOSE THERE SHARE AS HE WISH .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register