LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

manikram (engineer)     10 July 2012

Date of birth problem to apply passport

I have a problem with my DOB. My actual DOB is 23-11-1989 but, in the school certificates, driving license, PAN card, voter ID card upto college degree certificate my DOB is registered as 08-04-89 incorrectly. Actually my parents did the register of my birth in muncipality and dint get the certifcate or they might missed it I am not sure about it. Now I am working in a company, so I decided to take passport. After 26-01-1989 who are all born they need to produce the birth certificate, so I went and applied for my birth certificate in the corporation office with my scholl certificates. Obviously, It shows my actual DOB with my name. Now I dont know what to do, to apply passport because my each and every my ID proof, degree certificate, bank account, everything have my incorrect DOB. What I needs to do for apply a passport? can anyone suggest me? I am new to this forum also. Please help me :(  what shall i do to get passport?

Learning

2 Replies

Om Prakash Dhusia (HR assistant)     11 July 2012

There is nothing you can do it now. hardly there is difference of 6-7 months in your actual DOB. You can file the case in the court but the problem is it would take years to get the order, so have patience and rely on the present documents and apply for the passport. Change of DOB requires court order and it does not come so easy. If anyone knows better alternative can suggest please.

Om Prakash Dhusia (HR assistant)     11 July 2012

There is nothing you can do it now. hardly there is difference of 6-7 months in your actual DOB. You can file the case in the court but the problem is it would take years to get the order, so have patience and rely on the present documents and apply for the passport. Change of DOB requires court order and it does not come so easy. If anyone knows better alternative can suggest please.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register