Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nalsr (sdfds)     11 April 2011

Date of Birth Changing in PAN CARD and LIC

Dear Sir,

There is mistake in my Pan Card DOB. Actual DOB is 15-01-1976, but in the Pan card it is 15-01-1979. It was taken almost 7 years back around 2004. How I can precede for the DOB change? Will there be any problems by changing the DOB? My LIC bonds also based on PAN CARD DOB. I want to apply for the PASSPORT based on the original DOB. For that I need to update the DOB on PAN CARD also. Please provide the advice. I am suffering from this from last 6 years. If change DOB in PAN card will i get the same PAN number?

Learning

2 Replies

Dibakar Ray (Advocate.)     11 April 2011

Hi,

As the DOB is wrong in both the PAN card and in LIC bond, you can make one Affidavit before any First Class Judicial Majistrate stating the original DOB in the affidavit and along with the affidavit you have to attach documents like Birth Certificate or School leaving certificate to substantiate your original DOB. After get this done you have to make application before appropriate authorities to make amendment in PAN card and LIC bond.

Naresh Kumar (Sr. Executive)     04 May 2011

As regards wrong DoB mentioned on the PAN card, you can apply for correction.  Please fill up a form for correction in PAN card and attach proof of DoB i.e. tenth class certificate where DoB is mentioned and submit the same with UTI Technologies. On submission of above, you will get a New PAN card with correct DoB within 10 days from them.

For LIC, write a letter to the branch manager regarding correction of DoB and attach proof with it. It will be corrected in their record on the basis of your letter.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register