LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RASIKA GUPTA   07 July 2019

DV act

I am currently fighting a divorce case against my husband from Delhi which I won along with my maintenance case in Kolkata lower court( wherein his divorce petition was dismissed and my petition for maintenance was granted). I had also filed a case under the DV act in which I have a won a favourable order ( it was an ex parte order) wherein the judge has ordered that I should be allowed to return to my matrimonial home or be provided an alternative accommodation of my choosing. I happened to go to Delhi where my mother in law initially didn't let me enter and even refused the police when called them to help. The SHO of hauz khas asked me to get a specific order directing the police to intervene, which is what I did back in Kolkata and now they have helped me renter my house. I have a few concerns as the house is empty and only my former room and kitchen is open. should i be worried if they can move the courts under any section of the I.p.c to get me to vacate the house ? or should I be worried about any repercussions this step I've taken will have ? especially whats the legal recourse at their disposal?

Learning

1 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     08 July 2019

Having pushed so far, you should trust yourself. Facts posted suggest that you have the mettle.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register