LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

madhu   28 November 2018

DAUGHTER SHARE FATHER PROPERTY KARNAYAKA 1994

DEAR ALL MY NAME SHYLAJA REDDY FROM KARNATAKA MY MARRIAGE IT WAS HAPPENED IN 1998 MY FATHER HAS 10 ACER OF AGRICULTURAL LAND IN HIS NAME UP TO 2004 . AFTER THAT HE GAVE ALL PROPERTY TO MY BROTHER BY REGISTERED PARTITION DEED AND MY BROTHER SOLD SOME PROPERTY TO THIRD PARTY , BUT I AM NOT A PART OF THIS PARTITION . WHAT IS MY POSITION IN THIS, CAN I FILE PARTITION SUIT
PLS SUGGEST I HAVE RIGHTS OR NOT . WE HAVE THREE DAUGHTER AND ONE SON FOR MY FATHER, MY ELDER SISTER MARRIED IN 1985 ,AND ONE MORE IN 1990. MY FATHER PASSED AWAY IN 2007.

Learning

7 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     28 November 2018

In case property was self earned property then you dnt have any right.

madhu   28 November 2018

property it was transfer from my grand father to my father, from my father to my brother.

madhu   28 November 2018

but my grand father not done any registered process for that, my father it was elder son for my grand father family, he taken rights by using death certificate of my grand father.

Shashi Dhara   28 November 2018

If it is ancestral property also u cannot clAim because he has given entire rights to his son during hislife time. &He has passed away in 2007 .if he still alive and not making any partition u were having rights to file partition .but partition has completed and he is deceased. If u go to court u simply.loose money time &relationship.it is better to have good relation ship with him. Future may be good.

madhu   28 November 2018

then why some people suggesting you will get 1/3 share ? including law experts

Shashi Dhara   28 November 2018

The amended act came to force from2005dec.before that if any partition is made u cannot challenge.only at that time if they didn't made any partition u were having right to challenge he has given entire share including his also.even if u go it has already 12yrs elapsed.waste of time energy money so be very careful.

madhu   28 November 2018

ok thank u, but what about karnataka amendment act 1994. this amendment says after 1994 daughter get marriage they have equal share, what is your opinion about this, is karnataka amendment right or wrong.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register