Custody of daughter

I got married 4 years back and not taken dowry. My wife got cancer after 2 years of marriage at the time of delivery and i spent 40 Lakhs and my in laws given 10. Now my wife is asking to give their parents money back from the money which my mother got after expiry of my father and she dont want to stay with my mother in Bangalore (where she was treated) and went to here native place. i got angry and stopped giving money also. Their parents went to mediator and now threatening me and my mother that they will file a harassment case on us (paper cuttings sent from their mother mobile to my mobile via whats up). Mediator told not to give them money as she was staying with their parents without permission of husband and i stooped giving money from last 4 months and even there are no talks in between us. Now i tried talking to us thinking that she could have been changed but no use and now started threatening that my daughter will be effected. These are sample now i dont want divorce from here but required custody of my daughter. Please advice.

File a custody case through a local lawyer before the District Judge where minor is residing presently, where seek custody or visitation rights.


Thanks for your advices In India no law is favourable to men�s and if any women cries they even don�t think of the situation what they have done. Now a days Women�s are taking advantage of this things not even thinking. Even law also says that child custody should be with mother and I don�t understand why father cant take care of child. Just men are treated as an ATM�s. I know mentality of my wife and their parents. My wife beat my daughter Infront of me saying that with you only I got cancer. Here mental condition is also now good and even their parents don�t want to treat here or not taking any advice from us. If I don�t take the child custody today tomorrow if any things happens need to suffer life long. She is a girl. After completing my wife treatment I am totally in debts and my salary also goes in paying interest and loans which they even not thinking of it. I have tolerated still date and would prefer with going child custody only as my daughter life is important to me.

File a custody/ guardianship petition. For assistance u may mail me at


File a case in a court for custody. Hire a Lawyer who has experience in handling family related problems. 



I am NRI and filed a divorce case against my wife in high court Bangalore Karnataka, given power of attorney to my mother. After receipt of 1st notice by my wife, she went to Lok Adalat in Kadapa Andhra Pradesh  Simultaneously she gave compliant in proddatur Andhra Pradesh. 

Now my mother received calls from the police stating that a harassment case is filed against her with Lok Adalat and told that should come for counseling and simultaneously received a call from proddatur police that should come for counciling. 

If my mother does not attends what happens and we have received the call from two different places. 

If high court calls for counseling i am ready to attend not ready to go Lok Adalat or police station. In such cases is there any way that Lok Adalat forces me to come to India and how many days it takes and what will be the procedure.

Our hearing in high court is on 1st sep.





Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu