Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ashok kumar (Social Worker)     12 April 2016

Criminal case for misusing one's name

Institute misusing the Credentials of the Ex Head of Deptt

A leading national level Institute of Fashion Designing, is falsely using the name of an Ex Head of Deptt (who is an accomplished figure in his field) by making representation in the website for attracting the students that the so called Head is still with them although he left the Institute long time back

What is the remedy available with the Ex Head?

Can he file suit for compensation for using his name?

Can he file a criminal case for impersonation?

Learning

5 Replies

KS Johal   12 April 2016

The framing of the question seems to be an assignment for a law student is that correct please confirm?

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     16 April 2016

Let me assume upon myself the status of a law student.

The way the question is framed the former Head of Department is the aggrieved party. He can do one or more of the following either sequentially or simultneously'

1. Write to the Institute not to use his name.

2. Give a public notice saying that he was no more associated with Institute and that the claim of the Institute was false or a half-truth.

3. Go to a court of law and pray for ordering the Institute not to use his name, give a public notice that the use of his name was false and if so felt ask for a compensation.

ashok kumar (Social Worker)     16 April 2016

Dear Dr MPS Ramani On earlier occasions also I had the privilege of getting your valuable guidance. And I have found your guidance very subtle, precise and to the point. Let me tell u that I am a social worker and I come across cases where the aggrieved parties are either so poor or so much battered with time that they do not have means to pay hefty charges to lawyers. In such situation I put the queries which come to my mind and myself make some studies and help them to tide over the situation I am the President of one NGO CALIBRE A Social Empowerment Mission which is again run by my own funds without any Govt or any other funding support. Yet I would like to refer certain situations (legal) to you and seek your valuable guidance and pay for it (although very very moderate amounts) This I am offering with all humility without any intention of offending you in any manner Would you be accepting that?

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     18 April 2016

Dear Mr. Ashok Kumar:  I am flattered by your statements. You are most welcome to send your queries to me. I shall answer them if I were able to answer. I will not charge for my services. I have no law qualifications.

Siddharth Dev (Advocate)     19 May 2016

you can file claim for mesne profit and if you want for punishment it is no offence but if some defamatory slogens are used by him than you can complaint against him or that

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register