LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prashant (Engg)     11 March 2015

Credit card fraud transaction

I am not sure this is the correct forum to post my query.

I was using XYZ credit card for about 10 years, two years ago, an international transaction happened on my card. I reported this transaction to the phone banking and informed the bank by written email. XYZ bank reversed the charges and I was pacified that the issue has been resolved.

After a period of 3 months these same charges reappeared on my name. I was asked to submit some documet every 90 days and even after these documents demanded by the bank, these charges stayed. The bank after a period of a year debited my savings account for the amount of the transaction. I was irritated as I had nothing to do with this transaction. So I launched a police case at Cybercrime.

There was no outcome of the police case, I registered a case at banking ombudsman and they have rejected the claim saying the case is time barred as more than one year has passed.

Can any one guide me how can I appeal to the deputy governor for appeal against banking ombudsman award (Is there an email ID where I can send the data or the RBI application tracking system has to be used) or simply I should proceed to file a case in consumer court.

Regards,

Prashant

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     11 March 2015

Repeated Query:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Icici-credit-card-fraud-117883.asp#.VQBNR9Kqqko

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register