LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajneesh (PL)     19 January 2013

Credit card fraud

I am Rajneesh Kumar Garg,couple of days before (4th Nov. 2012) I got one SMS that transaction from my HDFC Credit card has happened from Moscow, merchant, OPLATA.W1.RU. I immediately called to customer care to inform this and requested them not to release this amount and to get blocked this card. When I was discussing with customer care, during discussion I got two more SMS of transactions from the same merchant, I informed to customer care that these are Fraud and I have not done these transaction and not release this money, I am in India, at my home and not using this card.

Customer care informed me that merchant has not claimed these transactions and this will be taken care.

But bank released this amount was released to merchant (in spite of my complaint).

I have done one FIR in Police, and one application also in cyber crime cell and also complaint in banking ombudsman (at three places).

Investigation from these are in progress.

But bank says, after investigation they found that transaction were secure, and it's my liablity to pay the amount. But bank is not ready to tell me the items purchased/shipped location by this amount..

Today (19th Jan 2013), i got a call from HDFC bank to deposit the money, their language was also not good. Sir what actions bank can take..

He was saying that my credit rating will be effected..

But sir i want to wait for decision of the three complains..

is the bank can force me to deposit the money..?if i don't pay the money till the decision..will there be any issue..bank keeps sending me amount with interest.

Please update..

Learning

2 Replies

Chetan Joshi (Advisory/Advocacy)     20 January 2013

If you've done the FIR then the matter will be investigated. Draft a legal notice and send it to the bank enclosing the entire issue and denying any of your dues...

Regards

Chetan(dot)7679(at)gmail(dot)com

kartikeya (lawyer/cyber law consultant/cyber crime investigator)     20 January 2013

do you have your complaint number given by customer care executive? If you got continuous sms then you had to block your card in order to misuse it further....if you have lodged FIR then you should put your point to bank...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register