LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Unknown blogger (ABC)     14 November 2014

Credit card

I was using standard chartered credit card. I lost that card hence i blocked it and gave request for the new card. Moreover the card was roaming from Bank to courier and courier to bank for three months but didint reach me. Out of frustration i asked bank to cancel my card. Then i asked them about credit reward points, but they told me that reward can be taken against active card only. since i was not having any active card at that point bank told me that your points are lapsed. Then through serious arguements and chain of mails bank agreed to reimburse the credit points against gift voucher. Bank took 6 months to disburse that gift card and when i received the gift voucher and went for shopping i came to know that the gift voucher was expired. Then i further investigated about the card issuing date and came to know that card was expired on 27 Aug 2014, and it was delivered to me in the same month. Also on card its validity was mentioned about 12 months. 

Also i brought this matter in BO's notice but BO is also not helping me. Can i go in consumer court against such lethargic behaviour.

Learning

4 Replies

P.THANGAVEL (ADVOCATE & LEGAL CONSULTANT)     14 November 2014

Basing on the facts, it appears that you have good case to be taken to the consumer forum. Before that issue a legal notice and seek appropriate claim for deficiency service resulting mental agony and other .discomforts caused to you. All the best

P.Thangavel ,Advocate & Former senior manager of leading PSB.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 November 2014

The matter seems to be as simple as that M/s Standard Chartered Bank: --Failed to supply the Card in reasonable time..... --Argued on promised hence acrrued rewards thru points that was part of promise/allurements by the bank..... Then agreed after causing harassment... -- Supplied expired vouchers..../short/nearing expiry vouchers/product. The bank has defaulted. You can sue the bank and claim compensation. Demand the bank to supply its compensation policy and admit it's lapses/deficiency/willful default..ang agree to compensate... DCDRF can be a better option.

Unknown blogger (ABC)     15 November 2014

I have also escalated this matter with BO, but BO refused to take action saying this is not as per BO's scheme.

I want to take action against BO too

Kumar Doab (FIN)     16 November 2014

BO has described issues that it can take up at its website... These are also explained at RBI website..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register