My father wants to create a will for his 2 flats. We are 1 son and 1 daughter. Son is undergoing divorce. Our father doesn't want to take a chance that if he names the flat to his son's name then his wife may lay her claim on it during proceedings. He wants to create a trust who, after him, can decide what needs to be done for the flat. I have few queries related to this scenario:
1. Can he create a trust in this case?
2. Can he assign multiple trustees to this trust?
3. What powers will trustees have in regards to the sale transfer of the property?
4. Can the trustees be restricted to transfer the flat to either son or daughter only in this case?
4. What are the things to be taken case while creating this kind of trust?